Cooking frozen scallops is a quick and easy process that can be accomplished with minimal ingredients. You can have this seafood dish on the table in a few simple steps in no time.
Here is a guide on how to cook frozen scallops; I also have something for those interested in trying new recipes out.
How To Cook Frozen Scallops?
Frozen scallops are a great seafood option when you want something quick and easy. Scallops are very versatile and can be cooked in a variety of ways. You can saute, fry, bake, or grill them.
1. Thawing The Frozen Scallops
When cooking frozen scallops, it is important to thaw them first. The best way to thaw scallops is to place them in the refrigerator overnight. This will help ensure that they cook evenly.
2. 3 Ways To Cook
Once the scallops are thawed, you can cook them however you like.
- If you are going to fry them, you will need to dredge them in flour before cooking. This will help create a crispy exterior.
- To bake scallops, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the scallops on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- If you are going to grill them, make sure your grill is hot before adding the scallops. Grill for about 3-5 minutes per side or until they are cooked through.
No matter how you cook them, frozen scallops are a quick and easy way to get your seafood fix!
Tips To Make Frozen Scallops Taste Delicious
While fresh scallops are always best, frozen scallops can be just as good if cooked correctly. Follow these tips to ensure that your frozen scallops taste delicious:
- Thaw the scallops completely before cooking them. This will help them cook evenly and prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper before cooking. This will help bring out their flavor.
- Cook the scallops over medium-high heat. This will ensure that they are cooked through without being overcooked.
- Use a nonstick skillet for cooking the scallops. This will prevent them from sticking to the pan and making a mess.
- Serve the scallops with your favorite sauce or seasoning. This will help enhance their flavor and make them even more delicious.
Follow these tips, and you’ll be sure to cook up some delicious frozen scallops that everyone will love.
My Favorite Frozen Scallops Recipes You Have To Try!
Here are some of my favorite frozen scallop recipes:
Pan Fried Scallops with Garlic and Lemon:
This simple recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal.
- The scallops are pan-fried until golden brown and then tossed with garlic and lemon.
- Serve with a side of rice or quinoa and a green vegetable for a complete meal.
Baked Scallops with Breadcrumbs and Parmesan:
This recipe is a bit more decadent, but it’s still relatively easy to make.
- The scallops are baked in the oven with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a side of pasta or roasted potatoes.
Grilled Scallops with Herb Butter:
Grilling scallops is a great way to add some smoky flavor to them.
- In this recipe, the scallops are grilled and then topped with herb butter.
- Serve as an appetizer or main course.
Microwave Scallops with Garlic Sauce:
This recipe is super simple and can be made in just minutes.
- The scallops are cooked in the microwave and then covered in a garlic sauce.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.
Frozen Scallops For A Great Weeknight Meal!
Now that you know how to cook frozen scallops, the next step is to experiment with different flavors and recipes.
You can pan-fry them with garlic butter or bake them in the oven with a lemon herb sauce. The possibilities are endless!
And because they are relatively quick and easy to cook, they make a great weeknight meal. Be sure to share your favorite recipes in the comments below.
I’m Rachel, and I love food. I especially love writing about food – reviewing different brands and items, and sharing my thoughts on new frozen foods that hit the market.
Food is a huge part of my life, and I love trying new things. That’s why I’m so excited to be working on my blog Pickfrozenfood.com. I will be always innovating and coming out with new review, and I know that I’ll be able to try lots of great food with them.