Do you also have a love-hate relationship with frozen rice? I love rice because it’s so versatile and can be used in so many different dishes. But I hate rice because it’s so darn hard to cook!
No matter how hard I try, my frozen rice always seems to come out either overcooked or undercooked. And don’t even get me started on how difficult it is to get that perfect consistency.
But all of that changed when I learned how to cook frozen rice the best way. Now, I can make perfectly cooked rice every single time, and it only takes a few minutes!
If you’re struggling with cooking rice, then read on for my methods and some top tips on how to cook frozen rice the best way.
How To Cook Frozen Rice?
There are two main methods for cooking frozen rice: the stovetop method and the microwave method.
I prefer the stovetop method, as it tends to result in fluffier, more evenly cooked rice. However, if you’re in a hurry, the microwave method will do the trick.
- Start by heating up some oil in a pan over medium heat. I like to use olive oil, but any type of cooking oil will work.
- Next, add your frozen rice to the pan and stir to break up any clumps.
- Once the rice is evenly distributed in the pan, add water or broth (I usually use about 1/2 cup per cup of rice).
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the rice cook for about 20 minutes, or until it’s tender and cooked through.
- Once the rice is done, fluff it with a fork and serve as desired.
- Start by adding your frozen rice and water or broth to a microwave-safe bowl (I usually use about 1/2 cup per cup of rice).
- Microwave on high for about 5 minutes or until the liquid comes to a boil.
- Once the liquid is boiling, reduce the power to 50% and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let the rice sit in the microwave for a few minutes to absorb the liquid, then fluff with a fork and serve.
No matter which method you use, cooked frozen rice can be a great addition to any meal.
Tips For Cooking Frozen Rice The Best Way
When it comes to cooking frozen rice, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind in order to make sure that it turns out the best way possible –
1. Choose The Right Rice
The first thing you need to do is choose the right rice. I prefer to use Basmati or Jasmine rice, but any type of long-grain rice will work well. Once you’ve chosen your rice, it’s time to start cooking!
2. Rinse Thoroughly
Another tip for cooking frozen rice the best way is to make sure that you rinse it thoroughly before cooking it. This will help to get rid of any excess starch that may be present in the rice.
3. Use The Correct Amount Of Water
One final tip for cooking frozen rice is to ensure that you use the correct amount of water. If you use too much water, the rice will become mushy and difficult to eat.
On the other hand, if you use too little water, the rice will not cook evenly and will come out hard and dry. When in doubt, it is always better to avoid using less water rather than more.
With these tips in mind, you should be able to cook frozen rice the best way every time.
FAQs On Cooking Frozen Rice
Can you cook frozen cooked rice?
Yes, you can cook frozen cooked rice. Just heat it up in the microwave or on the stove until it’s warmed through.
How long do you cook frozen rice?
It will take about 10-20 minutes to cook frozen rice.
Can cooked rice be frozen then reheated?
Yes, reheating frozen rice that was already cooked is possible. Just make sure to reheat it until it’s piping hot all the way through before eating.
Time To Cook Fluffy (But Not Mushy) Frozen Rice!
Now that you know how to cook frozen rice, it’s time to get cooking! Follow these simple steps, and in less than 20 minutes, you’ll have a delicious and nutritious meal.
If you have any questions or comments about this process, let me know in the comment section below. I love hearing from my readers, and I am always happy to help out.
Thanks for reading, and Happy Cooking!
I’m Rachel, and I love food. I especially love writing about food – reviewing different brands and items, and sharing my thoughts on new frozen foods that hit the market.
Food is a huge part of my life, and I love trying new things. That’s why I’m so excited to be working on my blog Pickfrozenfood.com. I will be always innovating and coming out with new review, and I know that I’ll be able to try lots of great food with them.