Frozen pork chops can be a lifesaver when you’re short on time or just don’t feel like cooking. And, thanks to the Instant Pot, they can be cooked from frozen to fork-tender in just a few minutes.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal or need to feed a crowd, these Instant Pot pork chops from frozen will not disappoint.
I will not only share the steps on how to cook frozen pork chops in the instant pot but also give out some of my favorite recipes; read on!
How To Cook Frozen Pork Chops In Instant Pot?
These are the basic steps for cooking pork chops from frozen in your pressure cooker:
Thaw Or Not?
The general rule of thumb is that if the pork chop is less than an inch thick, you can cook it frozen. However, if it’s thicker than that, you should thaw it first.
Assuming your pork chops are the former, here’s how to cook them in your Instant Pot –
- Set the pot to “saute” mode and add a bit of oil. Then, place the pork chops in the pot and cook for about three 3 per side or until they’re browned.
- After that, add whatever else you’re using to flavor the pork chops—a bit of salt, pepper, and garlic powder is always a good idea—then pour in chicken broth or water until it comes about halfway up the chops.
- Hit the “cancel” button, then put the lid on the pot and set it to manual mode for 8 minutes.
- When that time’s up, Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then use the quick release valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Then remove the lid and check the pork chops. They should be cooked through at this point, but if not, you can cook them for a few minutes longer.
- Carefully remove the pork chops from the pot and serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Now, let’s look at some different ways you can cook this dish in your instant pot.
My Favorite Recipes – Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops
There are many different ways to cook frozen pork chops in an Instant Pot, so you can definitely find a recipe that you love.
Here are some of the most popular ways that I personally recommend:
Brown Pork Chops
One of the unique ways to cook pork chops from frozen in your pressure cooker is to brown them first. To do this –
- Simply add some olive oil to the pot.
- Then place the pork chops in.
- Cook the pork chops for a few minutes on each side or until they are nicely browned.
Add Ingredients like Garlic & Onion
If you want to add some extra flavor to your pork chops, you can also try cooking them with some garlic and onion.
- Simply add these ingredients to the pot along with the pork chops.
- Cook on high pressure for about 10 minutes.
Cook With BBQ Sauce
Finally, if you want to really jazz up your pork chops, you can try cooking them with some BBQ sauce.
- Simply add BBQ sauce to the pot along with the pork chops.
- Cook on high pressure for about 10 minutes.
These are just some of the different ways that you can cook frozen pork chops in an instant cooker. Experiment with different recipes and find the one that you love the best!
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops and Rice:
This is a great way if you are looking for a Frozen Pork Chops Instant Pot Keto or a healthy option –
- Cook your pork chops as per the given instructions.
- Open and remove the lid, and then fluff the cooked rice with a fork before serving.
Read More: The 5 Best Frozen Ribs You Will Ever Taste!
Tips For Cooking Frozen Pork Chops In Instant Pot
When cooking them in an Instant Pot, there are a few things to remember –
- Add Enough Liquid – It is crucial to add enough liquid to the pot so that the chops are fully covered. This will help to ensure that they cook evenly.
- Cook On A Low Setting – It is also essential to cook the chops on a low setting so that they do not dry out.
- Let The Chops Rest – Ensure to let the chops rest for a few minutes after cooking so that they can absorb the flavors of the sauce.
FAQs On Cooking Frozen Pork Chop In An Instant Pot
Is It Safe To Cook Frozen Pork Chop In An Instant Pot?
Yes, it is safe to cook them in an Instant Pot. In fact, it is a great way to make quick and healthy food.
How long does it take to cook frozen pork chops?
The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the pork chops. For example, if the pork chops are 1-inch thick, it will take about 10 minutes to cook them. If they are 2-inches thick, it will take about 15 minutes.
How long to pressure cook frozen meat in Instant Pot?
It depends on the size and thickness of the meat. For example, a frozen chicken breast will cook in about 10 minutes, while a frozen pork chop will cook in about 15 minutes.
If you’re not sure, it’s always better to err on the side of longer cooking times rather than shorter ones.
How do you defrost pork chops quickly?
To defrost pork chops quickly, you can place them in a bowl of cold water for about 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can place them in the microwave on the defrost setting for a few minutes.
Make Yummy Frozen Pork Chops With Your Instant Cooker!
Now that you know how to cook frozen pork chops in the instant pot, it’s time to put your new skills into practice! This is a quick and easy meal that will come in handy on busy weeknights.
Plus, it’s a great way to get some protein into your diet without spending too much time in the kitchen. So give these recipes a try, and let me know what you think.
I’d love to hear about your experience cooking with an instant pot. Did you run into any problems? How did the dish turn out? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
I’m Rachel, and I love food. I especially love writing about food – reviewing different brands and items, and sharing my thoughts on new frozen foods that hit the market.
Food is a huge part of my life, and I love trying new things. That’s why I’m so excited to be working on my blog Pickfrozenfood.com. I will be always innovating and coming out with new review, and I know that I’ll be able to try lots of great food with them.