Meatballs are my absolute love, and I want them every morning, noon, and night. So, when I found out you could cook frozen meatballs in an Instant Pot, my world was rocked!
If you are someone like me, who loves meatballs but doesn’t always have the time to make them from scratch, then this post is for you!
All you need is a pack of the goof frozen meatballs, a few seasonings, and an instant pot. In less than 30 minutes, you’ll have delicious and juicy meatballs that are ready to be devoured!
Let’s see how to cook frozen meatballs in instant pot without any fuss!
3 Best Ways To Cook Frozen Meatball In Instant Pot
While there are plenty of ways that you can cook your frozen meatballs in an Instant Pot, I’m going to share with you the three best and most foolproof methods!
Method One: The Manual Setting!
Using the “pressure cook” or “manual” function on your Instant Pot is the simplest method to cook your meatballs.
To do this, simply add one cup of water to the pot and then set the timer for 18 minutes. Once the timer goes off, you can let the pressure release naturally for ten minutes before opening the pot.
Voila! You now have perfectly cooked meatballs that are ready to be enjoyed!
Method Two: The Rice Setting!
If you want to cook your meatballs in a sauce or gravy, then the rice setting is the way to go.
To do this, simply add your frozen meatballs, sauce, and one cup of water to the pot. Then, set the timer for 12 minutes. After the timer goes off, you can let the pressure release for ten minutes before opening the pot.
Method Three: The Stew Setting!
Maybe you love meatballs but also want a hearty and filling meal. Well, the stew setting on your Instant Pot is perfect for that!
To make this dish, simply add one cup of water to the pot and then set the timer for 25 minutes. Just make sure you let the pressure release naturally for ten minutes before opening the lid.
Now that you know my three favorite ways to cook frozen meatballs in a pressure Pot, it’s time to tell you some of my recipes! After that, you can simply try my meatballs recipes in an instant pot! But before we do that, let’s once discuss why you should use an instant pot.
Why Should You Cook Your Meatballs In An Instant Pot?
If you’re on the fence about whether or not you should cook your meatballs in an Instant Pot, then let me give you a few reasons why it’s the best way to go!
- First of all, cooking your meatballs in a Pressure Pot is super quick and easy. You can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- Another great reason to cook your meatballs in a Pressure Pot is that they come out super juicy and moist every single time. There’s no need to worry about them being dry or overcooked!
- Finally, cooking your meatballs in a Pressure Pot is a great way to infuse them with lots of flavors. Whether you’re using the rice setting or the stew setting, your meatballs will come out tasting amazing!
Okay! I hope you will now agree with me that cooking your meatballs in an Instant Pot is the way to go! Now, let’s get into some of my favorite recipes.
My Favorite Recipes For Cooking Meatballs In An Instant Pot!
If you’re looking for some delicious and easy recipes for cooking your meatballs in an Instant Pot, then look no further! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Italian Meatballs In Marinara Sauce
- BBQ Meatballs In Sweet And Spicy Sauce
- Swedish Meatballs In Creamy Gravy
There are plenty of delicious and easy recipes for cooking your meatballs in an Instant Pot! I know you are drooling now, so let me share a few of the above recipes in detail so that you can try them yourself!
Recipe for Italian Meatballs In Marinara Sauce
It is an easy and quick recipe that can be done in under 15 minutes. This is a perfect meal when you are short on time!
- 32 oz bag of frozen meatballs
- 24 oz jar of marinara sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- First, switch on your Instant Pot and set it to sauté for three minutes. Then, add the olive oil and garlic cloves to the pot. Cook until you can smell the garlic (but avoid burning it).
- Then, turn off the sauté function and add the marinara sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir thoroughly.
- Now, add the frozen meatballs to the pot and mix everything around so that the meatballs are coated in sauce.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and make sure that the sealing knob is set to “Sealing.” Set the timer for 5 minutes on high pressure.
- As soon as the timer goes off, slowly release the pressure by turning the steam knob on top of the lid.
- Remove the lid and let the cooked meatballs fall into the sauce once they’ve cooled slightly. Mix well and serve! ENJOY!!
You can use a trivet for cooking the meatballs if you want to avoid falling into the sauce.
Recipe for Swedish Meatballs In Creamy Gravy
This classic recipe is sure to please everyone at the table! The best part about this dish is that it only takes 20 minutes to make!
- 32 oz bag of frozen meatballs
- One tablespoon of Canola Oil
- Two tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- Two cloves of garlic, minced
- Beef/ chicken stock
- Salt & Paper
- Dill & Parsley (optional)
- First, turn on your Instant Pot and set it to sauté for three minutes. Then, add the canola oil and garlic cloves to the pot. But, again, avoid burning the garlic.
- Then, add the flour and mix well. Cook for one minute or until the flour is lightly browned.
- Now, whisk in beef stock (or chicken stock) and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the frozen meatballs to the pot and mix everything around so that the meatballs are coated in gravy.
- Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for eight minutes with the lid closed and knob set to sealing.
- Quickly release the pressure bodge by opening the steam valve on top of the lid before fully opening it.
- Now that the meatballs are cooked, carefully lift the lid off of the pot. Let them fall into the gravy–stirring occasionally. Mix well and serve with garnishings of dill and parsley (optional). Enjoy!
Recipe For BBQ Meatballs In Sweet And Spicy Sauce
This is my absolute favorite recipe on this list! It is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, and it only takes 15 minutes to make!
- 32 oz bag of frozen meatballs
- 24 oz jar of your favorite BBQ sauce (I like Stubb’s, Sweet Heat)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Seasonings (Cayenne, paprika, black pepper)
- First, dump all the ingredients at once in your Instant Pot in this order:
- Water, frozen meatballs, all sauces, and seasonings.
- Don’t mix this around.
- Just let everything sit on top of each other.
- Close the lid of your Instant Pot and make sure the knob is set to sealing. Set the timer for five minutes on high pressure.
- After the timer has run down, carefully turn the steam knob on top of the lid to release any remaining pressure. The meatballs should be cooked, and the sauce will begin to bubble.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir everything around so that the meatballs are coated in sauce. Serve immediately! Enjoy!
FAQs – How To Cooking Frozen Meatballs In Instant Pot?
How long do you cook uncooked frozen meatballs in the instant pot?
It only takes five minutes to cook frozen meatballs in the Instant Pot! Plus, you can use different settings and cook times to create different textures and flavors.
Remember, the cooking time will also depend on the size of your meatballs. Smaller meatballs will cook faster than larger ones.
What brand of frozen meatballs are best?
While there are dozens of frozen meatball brands, my favorite is IKEA. Their frozen meatballs are perfectly seasoned and cooked evenly.
Other good brands include Target’s Archer Farms, Trader Joe’s, and even your local grocery store’s brand!
If you’re feeling ambitious, you can always make your own homemade meatballs and freeze them for later.
How do you defrost frozen meatballs quickly?
The best way to defrost frozen meatballs is in the microwave. Place them on a plate and cook them on high power for two minutes, or until they’re thawed.
You can also place them in a bowl of hot water for about five minutes. Just make sure to dry them off before cooking!
Should I thaw frozen meatballs?
Not necessarily! You can cook frozen meatballs without thawing them first. In fact, it’s often easier to just cook them straight from the freezer.
However, if you choose to thaw your meatballs, cook them within 24 hours. Once they’re thawed, they’ll start to spoil quickly.
Now, Cook Frozen Meatballs In Instant Pot!
Now that you know how to cook frozen meatballs in instant pot, there’s no need to worry about dinner. These simple instructions will show you how to make a delicious meal with very little effort.
Whether you’re looking for something quick and easy or you want to put a new twist on an old favorite, these meatballs are sure to please. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a tasty meal ready in no time. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
“What’s for dinner?”
I’m Rachel, and I love food. I especially love writing about food – reviewing different brands and items, and sharing my thoughts on new frozen foods that hit the market.
Food is a huge part of my life, and I love trying new things. That’s why I’m so excited to be working on my blog Pickfrozenfood.com. I will be always innovating and coming out with new review, and I know that I’ll be able to try lots of great food with them.