If you’re like me, you love the taste of fresh fish but hate the hassle of dealing with live seafood. That’s why I was so excited to discover that you can cook frozen fish in an air fryer!
You might also be surprised to know that with the help of an air fryer, frozen fish can be just as delicious as fresh fish. Cooking frozen fish in an air fryer is an easy and healthy way to cook your meal. Air fryers use hot air for cooking the food, so it is a healthier option than frying foods in oil.
So, here’s how to cook frozen fish in air fryer so that you can enjoy this healthy and affordable protein source any time you want.
How To Cook Frozen Fish In Air?
Here’s how I prefer to cook frozen fish in my air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 or 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the frozen fish fillets in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
I find that this method produces perfectly cooked fish that is crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside. Plus, it doesn’t require any oil, so you can avoid the mess and extra calories that come with deep-fried foods.
Dos And Don’ts Of Cooking Frozen Fish In An Air Fryer
When it comes to cooking frozen fish in an air fryer, there are a few things you need to know in order to make sure your fish comes out perfectly cooked every time.
Here are some of the dos and don’ts of cooking frozen fish in an air fryer so that you can make the best possible meal.
- Do – Preheat your air fryer before adding the frozen fish. This will help ensure that the fish cooks evenly throughout.
- Don’t – Overcrowd the air fryer basket. If you add too many pieces of frozen fish, they will not cook evenly, and some pieces may end up being overcooked while others are undercooked.
- Do – Flip the frozen fish halfway through cooking. This will help ensure that both sides of the fish are cooked evenly.
- Don’t – Forget to season the frozen fish before cooking. Seasoning the fish will help give it flavor and make it more enjoyable to eat.
- Do – Use an air fryer liner. This will help make cleanup a breeze and prevent the fish from sticking to the air fryer basket.
- Don’t – Overcook the frozen fish. Fish is best when it is cooked just until it is opaque all the way through. Overcooking it will make it dry and less enjoyable to eat.
Now that you know some of the dos and don’ts of cooking frozen fish in an air fryer, you can be sure that your next meal will be a success!
FAQs – How To Cook Frozen Fish In Air Fryer?
Can I put frozen fish in the air fryer?
You can put frozen fish in the air fryer, but you’ll need to cook it longer than you would if the fish were thawed. I recommend cooking frozen fish for about twice as long as you would cook thawed fish.
How long do you cook Gorton’s frozen fish fillets in an air fryer?
Gorton’s frozen fish fillets can be cooked in an air fryer for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Are air fryers good for cooking fish?
Air fryers are good for cooking fish because they circulate hot air around the food, resulting in a crispy exterior and a moist interior.
Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
You can put aluminum foil in an air fryer, but I don’t recommend it because it can cause the food to stick.
If you use aluminum foil, make sure to preheat the air fryer first and cook the food for a shorter time than you would without the foil.
How long do you cook frozen fish fillets in an air fryer, and at what temperature?
Frozen fish fillets can be cooked in an air fryer for about 10-20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you preheat an air fryer?
To preheat an air fryer, simply turn it on to the desired temperature and let it run for a few minutes before adding your food.
Should I thaw fish before air frying?
You don’t need to thaw fish before air frying, but if you do, it will cook more evenly.
How do you cook fish without the air fryer sticking?
To prevent the air fryer from sticking, coat the basket with cooking spray or oil before adding the fish. You can also line the basket with parchment paper.
Can you use parchment paper in an air fryer?
You can use parchment paper in an air fryer, but make sure to preheat the air fryer first. Parchment paper can help to prevent sticking and make cleanup easier.
I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Air-Fry Your Frozen Fish – Quick & Healthy Seafood
Now that you know how to cook frozen fish in air fryer, it’s time to get cooking! The next time you have a hankering for some seafood but don’t want to deal with the hassle of thawing and cleaning, reach for your trusty air fryer.
With just a few minutes of prep time and a quick trip through the air fryer, you can enjoy perfectly cooked fish in no time. So what are you waiting for? Start experimenting with different recipes today!
I’m Rachel, and I love food. I especially love writing about food – reviewing different brands and items, and sharing my thoughts on new frozen foods that hit the market.
Food is a huge part of my life, and I love trying new things. That’s why I’m so excited to be working on my blog Pickfrozenfood.com. I will be always innovating and coming out with new review, and I know that I’ll be able to try lots of great food with them.