This guide will teach you how to cook frozen corn in microwave. It is a quick and easy process that only takes a few minutes. So, keep reading to know more!
I was curious about how to cook frozen corn in microwave, so I decided to try it out.
The first time, the corn was still icy in the middle. But finally, I tried cooking it for less time and adding some butter, and that worked perfectly! The corn was cooked through but still tender and juicy.
But do you want to know the processes that I tried? Check out the three most effective processes tried out by me and get your perfectly cooked corn within a few minutes!
Different Methods To Explore: How To Cook Frozen Corn In Microwave
Frozen corn is a great ingredient to have on hand because it is so versatile. You can add it to stews, soups, chili, and even salads. A terrific way to get your recommended daily intake of vegetables, too. But how should it be prepared?
Here are three different methods to try out.
Microwave in a covered dish with water
- One way to cook it is to place it in a covered dish with water.
- Then, microwave on high for three to four minutes.
- Once the time is up, carefully remove the dish from the microwave
- Let the corn sit for one minute so that it can continue cooking in hot water.
- Drain the water and serve.
Microwave in a dry microwavable safe dish
- Another way is to place it in a dry microwavable safe dish.
- Then, microwave on high for four minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Once the time is up, let the corn sit for one minute so that it can continue cooking in the hot dish.
- Serve immediately.
Microwave in a damp paper towel
- The final way to cook is to put it on a dish, cover it with a wet paper towel, and then bake it.
- Then two minutes on high in the microwave.
- Once the time is up, carefully remove the plate from the microwave
- Let the corn sit for one minute so that it can continue cooking in the steam.
- Serve the perfectly cooked corn!
Safety Guides To Follow While Cooking In A Microwave
When it comes to cooking in a microwave, there are a few safety guidelines to follow.
- First, make sure that the corn is evenly distributed in the dish. This will help to ensure that it cooks evenly and doesn’t get overcooked in one spot.
- Secondly, be sure to add a little water to the dish before cooking. This will help to create steam and prevent the corn from drying out.
- Finally, cook the corn on high for two to three minutes or until heated through.
- Once it’s done, be careful when removing the dish from the microwave, as it will be hot.
With these safety tips in mind, you can enjoy delicious, healthy corn that has been cooked in this kitchen gadget.
FAQs: How To Cook Frozen Corn In Microwave
How long does it take to cook corn in a kitchen gadget like a microwave?
It takes about 3 minutes to cook. Microwave cooking times vary depending on the wattage of your microwave, so you may need to adjust cooking times accordingly. Always be sure to check a food’s packaging for specific cooking instructions.
Can you cook frozen sweet corn in microwaves?
Yes, you can cook frozen sweet corn in the microwave. Cook the corn on high power for about two and a half minutes or until it is hot and steamy. You can also try adding some butter or margarine to the corn for extra flavor. Enjoy!
How do you cook corn in the microwave?
Place the corn in the microwave and cook it on high for about two minutes. Be sure to rotate the corn so that it cooks evenly. If you want to add butter or margarine to the corn, wait until it’s cooked first. Let the butter get melty, and then pour it over the corn. You can also add salt, pepper, or other seasonings to taste.
Time For My Personal Favorite Method!
All of these methods are quick and easy. And they produce delicious results every time!
I like to cook the frozen corn by following a damp paper towel since it is easy, and the corn gets ready within two minutes.
So next time you are looking for a healthy and tasty side dish, reach for some frozen corn and try one of these methods. Your family will thank you!
I’m Rachel, and I love food. I especially love writing about food – reviewing different brands and items, and sharing my thoughts on new frozen foods that hit the market.
Food is a huge part of my life, and I love trying new things. That’s why I’m so excited to be working on my blog Pickfrozenfood.com. I will be always innovating and coming out with new review, and I know that I’ll be able to try lots of great food with them.