If you’re yearning for a quick and satisfying lasagna fix, you’re in for a treat. Lasagna holds a special place in my heart, but let’s face it, crafting traditional lasagna from scratch can be quite an undertaking.
That’s where the brilliance of frozen ravioli comes into play.
This recipe merges the delightful flavors of lasagna with the convenience of frozen ravioli, creating a hearty dish perfect for hectic weeknights or those laid-back weekends when you crave something comforting without the fuss.
In this guide, I’ll be your culinary tour guide, walking you through each step of this perfect frozen ravioli lasagna recipe. We’ll explore why frozen ravioli is a fantastic choice, list all the essential ingredients, and provide a step-by-step cooking tutorial.
And because I believe in adding your personal touch to meals, we’ll delve into creative variations and additions to make your easy ravioli lasagna truly memorable.
Why Choose Frozen Ravioli For Lasagna?
You might be wondering why you should opt for frozen ravioli when making lasagna. Well, let me tell you, there are several fantastic reasons –
Frozen ravioli is a time-saver. No need to spend hours making traditional lasagna noodles from scratch. Just grab a bag of frozen ravioli, and you’re halfway there.
Frozen ravioli offers consistent quality. You can trust that each piece will be perfectly sized and shaped, ensuring even layers in your lasagna.
It comes in various flavors – cheese, spinach-filled, or hearty beef ravioli. This variety allows you to get creative with your lasagna.
Freezer-Friendly – Stocking up on frozen ravioli means you have a convenient meal option readily available whenever you need it.
Now that you know why using frozen lasagna is the perfect choice, let’s move on to rounding up all the essential ingredients you’ll need for this culinary adventure.
Ingredients To Make Your Easy Ravioli Lasagna
Creating a frozen ravioli lasagna is a breeze, and the ingredient list is delightfully simple. Here’s what you’ll need to make this scrumptious dish:
For the Lazy Lasagna –
- 2 bags of frozen ravioli: Choose your favorite variety, whether it’s classic cheese, spinach-filled, or hearty beef ravioli.
- 1 pound of ground beef or Italian sausage: For that rich, savory flavor.
- 1 jar of marinara sauce: Opt for your preferred brand or make your own if you’re feeling adventurous.
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese: Shredded mozzarella adds that irresistible gooeyness.
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese: Creamy ricotta is a must for any lasagna.
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese: For that extra burst of flavor.
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil: Adds a hint of aromatic freshness.
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano: A classic Italian herb for depth of flavor.
- Salt and pepper to taste: Season to your liking.
Optional Additions –
- Fresh Spinach: If you want to sneak in some greens.
- Sliced Mushrooms: For an earthy twist.
- Red Pepper Flakes: To add a touch of heat.
- Onions and Garlic: Sautéed for a robust flavor.
With these readily available ingredients, you’re all set to embark on a culinary adventure that will leave your taste buds tingling.
Step-By-Step Easy Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
Creating your very own Ravioli Lasagna is easier than you might think. Let’s break it down into easy and manageable steps –
Step 1: Brown the Meat
In a large skillet, cook the ground beef or Italian sausage over medium-high heat until it’s nicely browned and cooked through. Make sure to break it into crumbles as it cooks for even distribution in your lasagna. Drain any excess fat if necessary.
Step 2: Add Flavor with Onions and Garlic (Optional)
For an extra layer of flavor, you can sauté diced onions and minced garlic in the same skillet used for browning the meat. Cook until they become fragrant and translucent.
Step 3: Mix in Marinara Sauce
Pour the jar of marinara sauce into the skillet with the cooked meat (and sautéed onions and garlic, if you’ve added them). Stir well to combine and let the flavors meld together for a few minutes.
Step 4: Preheat the Oven
While your sauce is simmering, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
Step 5: Layering Time!
Now comes the fun part. In a greased 9×13-inch baking dish, begin layering your frozen ravioli lasagna:
- Start with a thin layer of meat sauce at the bottom of the dish.
- Add a single layer of frozen ravioli on top of the sauce.
- Spread a portion of ricotta cheese over the ravioli.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese generously.
- Repeat these layers until you’ve used up all your ingredients, ending with a layer of cheese on top.
Step 6: Cover and Bake
Cover your baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. This ensures that your lasagna cooks evenly and that the ravioli becomes tender.
Step 7: Uncover and Finish
Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and beautifully golden brown.
Step 8: Let It Rest
Allow your frozen ravioli lasagna to rest for a few minutes before slicing into it. This helps the layers settle and makes for neater servings.
Now, as you savor that first delicious bite of your homemade creation, you’ll understand why this recipe is a true winner in my book.
Also Read – Frozen Lasagna Recipe From The Scratch
Personalize Your Lazy Lasagna Recipe
One of the joys of cooking is the ability to personalize recipes to suit your taste.
While the basic frozen ravioli lasagna is already a crowd-pleaser, here are some variations and additions you can try to make it even more special –
1. Seafood Sensation – If you’re a seafood enthusiast like me, consider using seafood-filled ravioli such as lobster or crab. Combine them with a creamy Alfredo sauce for a luxurious twist on the classic.
2. Spicy Kick – If you enjoy a little heat, sprinkle red pepper flakes or diced jalapeños over each layer for a spicy kick!
3. Tex-Mex Fusion – Swap out the traditional marinara sauce for enchilada sauce and use frozen cheese ravioli for a Tex-Mex twist. Top it with diced tomatoes, black olives, and a dollop of sour cream for a south-of-the-border flavor explosion.
4. Mediterranean Magic – Opt for Mediterranean flavors by using roasted garlic and olive-filled ravioli. Layer them with pesto sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese for a taste of the Mediterranean coast.
5. Greens Galore – Boost the nutritional content by adding a layer of fresh spinach, kale, or Swiss chard between the layers of ravioli. It’s a fantastic way to sneak in some greens while indulging in your lasagna.
6. Breakfast Lasagna – Yes, you read that correctly! Create a breakfast lasagna by using cheese and egg-filled ravioli. Layer it with cooked breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, and a drizzle of maple syrup for a unique morning treat.
Remember, the beauty of this recipe lies in its versatility. Feel free to mix and match these ideas or come up with your own variations!
Let’s Make Ravioli Lasagna In A Crockpot!
Are you in for an effortless yet equally delicious way to prepare frozen ravioli lasagna? Look no further than your trusty crockpot. This method is perfect for those days when you want to come home to a warm, hearty meal.
Here’s how you can effortlessly adapt this recipe for your slow cooker –
Step 1: Layer the Ingredients
1. Begin by greasing your crockpot to prevent sticking.
2. Spread a layer of pasta sauce at the bottom.
3. Add a layer of frozen ravioli.
4. Spoon over a portion of the cheese and filling ingredients, just as you would in a lasagna casserole dish.
Step 2: Repeat the Layers
5. Continue layering with sauce, ravioli, cheese, and filling until you’ve used up all your ingredients.
6. Finish with a layer of sauce and a final layer of mozzarella cheese.
Step 3: Cook Slow and Steady
7. Cover your crockpot and set it on the low-heat setting. Let it cook for approximately 4-6 hours. The exact time can vary depending on your crockpot, so check occasionally.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy
8. Once the cheese is bubbly and the ravioli are tender, your crockpot Frozen Ravioli Lasagna is ready to be served.
By following these modifications, you can enjoy the convenience of the crockpot while still savoring the deliciousness of Frozen Ravioli Lasagna.
Serving and Presentation
Now that your Frozen Ravioli Lasagna is ready to be served, let’s talk presentation. I always say that we eat with our eyes first, and this dish can look as good as it tastes.
When you scoop a portion onto a plate, make sure to get a nice mix of those cheesy, saucy layers. A sprinkle of fresh basil or parsley on top not only adds a burst of color but also a hint of freshness.
Pair it with a simple green salad or some garlic bread for a complete meal that’ll leave your guests impressed.
Healthier Alternatives To Make Lazy Lasagna Guilt-Free
While Frozen Ravioli Lasagna is undeniably indulgent, there are ways to make this recipe a bit healthier without sacrificing flavor. Here are some healthier alternatives to consider –
- Whole Wheat Ravioli: Opt for whole wheat or spinach-filled ravioli to increase the fiber content and add a nutritional boost.
- Lean Proteins: Choose lean meats like ground turkey or chicken instead of beef or sausage for a lower-fat option.
- Reduced-Fat Cheese: Use part-skim or reduced-fat cheese to reduce the calorie and fat content while still enjoying the cheesy goodness.
- Veggie-Packed: Load up on vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, or carrots to increase the nutrient density of your lasagna.
- Cottage Cheese Swap: If you’re looking to cut calories, consider using low-fat cottage cheese in place of ricotta. It provides a similar creamy texture with fewer calories.
- Portion Control: Enjoy your lasagna in moderation. A smaller portion can satisfy your cravings without overindulging.
- Homemade Sauce: Make your own sauce using fresh tomatoes and herbs, allowing you to control the sugar and salt content.
- Gluten-Free Options: If you have gluten sensitivities, use gluten-free ravioli and sauces for a diet-friendly version.
Remember, a healthier version of frozen ravioli lasagna can be just as delicious and satisfying. By making a few smart ingredient swaps and portion adjustments in your recipe, you can enjoy this comfort food guilt-free.
FAQs – Frozen Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
Can I use fresh ravioli instead of frozen for this recipe?
Absolutely! Fresh ravioli can be used, but remember to adjust the cooking time as it cooks faster than frozen ravioli.
Can I make this lasagna ahead of time and refrigerate it before baking?
Yes, you can assemble the lasagna ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake. This is a great option for meal prep.
What can I serve alongside Frozen Ravioli Lasagna?
It pairs wonderfully with a side salad, garlic bread, or some roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
Can I make this lasagna in a vegetarian version?
Absolutely! Simply skip the meat and load up on veggies and cheese for a delicious vegetarian option.
How do I prevent my lasagna from becoming too watery?
To prevent excess moisture, make sure to drain any excess liquid from the cooked meat and allow your lasagna to rest before slicing. Additionally, avoid over-saucing the layers.
Time To Use Frozen Ravioli And Make Your Easy Dinner
In the world of comforting and convenient meals, Frozen Ravioli Lasagna stands as a shining star. It offers the perfect blend of ease, flavor, and versatility, making it a go-to choice for busy nights or lazy weekends.
By choosing frozen ravioli as the hero ingredient, you save time without compromising on taste. Whether you bake it in the oven or opt for the slow cooker method, your frozen ravioli lasagna is sure to impress.
So, why wait? Roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and embark on a culinary adventure that’s sure to satisfy your cravings and delight your taste buds.
Whether you’re serving it up for a family dinner or impressing guests at a gathering, Frozen Ravioli Lasagna is a dish that never disappoints!
If you have any questions, feedback, or requests for future recipes, feel free to reach out. Stay tuned for more mouthwatering frozen food adventures!
I’m Rachel, and I love food. I especially love writing about food – reviewing different brands and items, and sharing my thoughts on new frozen foods that hit the market.
Food is a huge part of my life, and I love trying new things. That’s why I’m so excited to be working on my blog Pickfrozenfood.com. I will be always innovating and coming out with new review, and I know that I’ll be able to try lots of great food with them.