I bet you’ve had those days when cooking a homemade lasagna from scratch feels like an impossible feat. We all do. And, if you’re a fan of lasagna and convenience, frozen lasagna from Costco might already be on your radar.
But with so many choices available, it can be challenging to decide which one is worth your freezer space and dinner table. In this Costco frozen lasagna review, join me to find out if they live up to the Costco hype!
Whether you’re a busy parent, a college student with limited time, or simply someone who appreciates yummy food, this is for you. So, grab a fork and join me on this delicious adventure.
The Kirkland Signature Difference
Before we dive into the delicious details, let’s talk about what makes Kirkland Signature stand out in the frozen food aisle.
Costco has built a reputation for offering high-quality products at unbeatable prices, and its frozen food selection is no exception.
With Kirkland Signature, you can expect premium ingredients, generous portions, and a taste that rivals homemade.
Pros And Cons Of Frozen Lasagna From Costco
What We Liked
- Rich and savory flavor profiles
- Generous portion sizes
- Convenient cooking options (oven, microwave, air fryer)
- High-quality ingredients
- Suitable for sharing or individual servings
What We Didn’t Like
- Moderate fat content per serving
- Not suitable for vegetarians
- Limited gluten-free options
How To Cook Frozen Costco Lasagna?
Cooking frozen lasagna should be a breeze, and Costco ensures it is. The straightforward cooking instructions provide a hassle-free experience. Here’s how I do it –
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the plastic film cover and place the lasagna on a baking sheet.
- Slide it onto the middle oven rack for about 55 minutes.
- Use a thermometer to check that the internal temperature of frozen lasagna reaches at least 165°F (74°C).
- When I’m short on time, I opt for the microwave. First, I slit the film cover.
- Cook the lasagna on high for 14 minutes, ensuring the film cover stays on.
- A couple of minutes of waiting, and it’s ready to enjoy.
Air Fryer Adventure
- Sometimes, I like to experiment with my trusty air fryer. I place the lasagna in the air fryer basket.
- Cooking at 375°F (190°C) for about 14 minutes or until the cheese is gloriously bubbling.
Pro tip – Check the lasagna a bit before the suggested time to ensure it doesn’t get overcooked. You want it bubbling, cheesy, and just right.
Taste Test – Beyond Delicious
Now, let’s get to the heart of the matter – the taste. Both varieties of Kirkland Signature lasagna left a lasting impression –
Kirkland Italian Sausage and Beef Lasagna
This indulgent dish boasts layers of rich meat sauce, tender lasagna noodles, and a perfect blend of mozzarella and ricotta cheese. The Italian sausage adds a delightful kick, making every bite a savory adventure.
Kirkland Beef Lasagna
The beef lasagna, while simpler in ingredients, doesn’t skimp on flavor. It’s hearty, meaty, and a true crowd-pleaser. The generous use of whole milk mozzarella and ricotta cheese adds a creamy, comforting element.
Costco occasionally introduces seasonal lasagna options, so keep an eye out for unique flavors.
Kirkland’s Lasagna Options
One of the standout features of frozen Kirkland Signature lasagna is the variety it offers:
- Twin Pack – Both the Italian Sausage and Beef Lasagna and Beef Lasagna come in a convenient twin pack. Perfect for sharing or enjoying on separate occasions.
- Individual Portions – If you prefer portion control, Kirkland has you covered with single-serve options. Ideal for those who want a taste of lasagna without the commitment of a whole tray.
For the health-conscious among us, here’s a quick look at the nutritional facts for Kirkland Signature’s frozen lasagna:
- Protein: Each serving packs a punch with several grams of protein, making it a satisfying meal choice.
- Fat: Keep an eye on your fat intake, as these lasagnas do contain a moderate amount of fat per serving.
It’s transparency I appreciate!
Extra Tips To Cook Kirkland Lasagna
For those who like to add a personal touch, consider these tips:
- Fresh Herbs: Sprinkle some fresh basil or parsley on top before serving for a burst of color and flavor.
- Extra Cheese: Want an extra cheesy lasagna? Add a bit of mozzarella on top before the final bake.
- Garlic Bread: Serve your lasagna with garlic bread or a simple salad for a well-rounded meal.
If you’re lucky enough to have some leftover Costco lasagna, don’t fret. Simply cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for 3-4 days.
It reheats remarkably well. Whether you use the oven, microwave, or air fryer, the lasagna retains its flavors and textures, making it an excellent option for lunch the next day.
Also Read – Stouffer’s Lasagna Review
Can I cook Kirkland Signature lasagna in a convection oven?
Yes, you can use a convection oven following the same directions as for a regular oven. Keep an eye on it, as Costco frozen lasagna cook times may vary slightly.
Do you thaw Kirkland lasagna before cooking?
No, you do not need to thaw Kirkland lasagna before cooking. You can cook lasagna from frozen directly using the provided Costco frozen lasagna instructions.
Can you overcook frozen lasagna Costco?
While it’s important to ensure your lasagna is heated through, overcooking may lead to dryness and a less enjoyable texture. Follow the recommended cooking times and temperatures for the best results.
Can you cook 2 Costco lasagnas at once?
Yes, you can cook two Costco lasagnas at once if your oven has enough space. Make sure to follow the recommended cooking times and adjust as needed for even cooking.
How long to reheat Costco lasagna in the oven?
Reheating Costco lasagna in the oven can take around 30-40 minutes at 375°F (190°C) or until it reaches the desired temperature. Be sure to cover it to prevent drying out.
What sides go well with Costco frozen lasagnas?
Consider serving it with a simple salad, garlic bread, or sautéed vegetables for a complete meal.
Wrapping Up The Costco Kirkland Lasagna Review
If you’re a fan of rich, savory flavors, generous portions, and hassle-free cooking, these lasagnas at Costco might just be your new best friend in the kitchen.
However; if you’re gluten-free or vegan, Kirkland’s lasagnas may not suit you. Don’t worry; brands like Amy’s Kitchen offer superb alternatives to satisfy your cravings.
Ready to take the plunge into the world of Costco’s frozen lasagna? The convenience, quality, and flavors are waiting for you.
Don’t hesitate—grab a twin pack, or try an individual portion. Your freezer and your taste buds will thank you. Your next savory adventure is just a Costco run away!
If you have more questions or insights about Costco’s lasagna, feel free to share them. And don’t forget to check out my blog posts on more frozen food adventures!
Read More – Best Frozen Lasagnas
I’m Rachel, and I love food. I especially love writing about food – reviewing different brands and items, and sharing my thoughts on new frozen foods that hit the market.
Food is a huge part of my life, and I love trying new things. That’s why I’m so excited to be working on my blog Pickfrozenfood.com. I will be always innovating and coming out with new review, and I know that I’ll be able to try lots of great food with them.