Of course, not everyone has the time or inclination to make their own orange chicken from scratch, so frozen option is a very delightful way.
There are now a number of frozen orange chicken products on the market that are both delicious and convenient. I’ve rounded up my top seven best frozen orange chicken below. Trust me; these are all worth trying!
My 7 trusted Best Frozen Orange Chicken.
1. Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken
I’m a big fan of Chinese food, and I’ve tried a lot of different brands of orange chicken. In my opinion, Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken is the best on the market. The chicken is always tender and juicy, and the sauce has the perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors.
I also appreciate that the chicken is never overcooked or dry. The only downside is that it can be a bit pricey, but I think it’s worth it for the quality.
- Tender and juicy chicken, perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors, never overcooked or dry.
- The dish is easy to make at home.
- The orange sauce is a unique flavor you may not find in other dishes.
- The breading can be soggy if the chicken is not cooked properly.
- It can be a bit pricey
- The sauce can be too sweet for some people.
- The fried chicken can be greasy.
2. PF Chang’s Home Menu Orange Chicken
I chose PF Chang’s Home Menu Orange Chicken because I was in the mood for something healthy and delicious. The orange chicken is made with white meat chicken, broccoli, oranges, and it is served with rice. It is a light dish that is perfect for lunch or dinner.
The chicken is tender and juicy, and the sauce is tangy and slightly sweet. The broccoli gives the dish a crunch, and the oranges add a touch of sweetness. Overall, I was very pleased with the dish. It was healthy, tasty, and easy to prepare. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quick and delicious meal.
- Made with healthy ingredients, light and refreshing, perfect for a quick meal
- The chicken is juicy and tender, and the sauce perfectly balances sweet and sour.
- Additionally, the dish comes with a generous portion of rice, making it a filling meal.
- It may not be as flavorful as some of the other options
- It can be a little bit pricey.
- It is not the healthiest option on the menu, as it is fried and coated in sugary sauce.
3. Whole Foods 365 Orange Chicken
There are plenty of reasons to love Whole Foods 365 Orange Chicken. For starters, it’s made with white meat chicken that is cage-free and antibiotic-free. The chicken is then cooked in a wok with fresh oranges, ginger, and garlic. The result is a delicious, healthy, and affordable meal that is perfect for any night of the week.
Whole Foods 365 Orange Chicken is also a good source of protein and fiber, and it contains no artificial flavors or preservatives. In other words, it’s the perfect choice for anyone who loves great food and wants to eat healthily.
- Good source of protein and fiber
- made with antibiotic-free chicken
- no artificial flavors or preservatives
- Not as crispy as other options, the price is a bit high for a frozen meal.
- The serving size is on the small side.
- The dish is pretty heavy on salt and sugar.
4. Kirkland Signature Orange Chicken
I love Kirkland Signature Orange Chicken because it is so delicious and easy to make. I can put it in the oven or microwave; it only takes a few minutes to cook. I also like that it is healthy and has no artificial ingredients.
The chicken is always tender and juicy, and the orange sauce is perfect. It is my go-to meal when I need something quick and tasty.
1. The chicken is always tender and juicy.
2. The sauce has the perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors.
3. It reheats well, so you can enjoy it even if you don’t have time to cook it fresh.
4. It’s a relatively healthy option, especially for other frozen food options.
5. It’s relatively affordable, so you can stock up without breaking the bank.
1. The sauce can be a little too sweet for some people’s taste.
2. It can be a bit greasy, so it’s not the best choice if you watch your fat intake.
3. The orange flavor may be too strong for some people’s taste.
4. It’s not suitable for vegans or vegetarians, as it contains chicken and dairy products.
5. Some people find the dish too salty.
5. Trader Ming’s Mandarin Orange Chicken
There are many reasons to choose Trader Ming’s Mandarin Orange Chicken. First, the chicken is always fresh and tender. The breading is also light and crispy, making it a perfect complement to the juicy chicken. In addition, the orange sauce is slightly sweet and tangy, giving the dish a delicious flavor.
Finally, the Mandarin Orange Chicken is served with a side of steamed rice and vegetables, making it a complete meal. So whether you’re looking for a quick lunch or an easy dinner, Trader Ming’s Mandarin Orange Chicken is sure to please.
- Fresh and tender chicken, crispy breading, flavorful orange sauce
- It’s a healthier option than some other takeout food.
- The chicken is baked, not fried, and the orange sauce is made with real fruit juice, not syrup or other sugar-loaded ingredients.
- The orange sauce can be quite oily, so if you’re watching your fat intake, this might not be the best choice for you.
- It might be a bit on the pricy end.
6. Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Plant-Based Chick’n
Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n is an excellent alternative for a tasty and healthful plant-based solution. The chick’n is made with non-GMO soy and wheat and is free of cholesterol and trans fat.
It is also high in protein and fiber, making it a nutritious and satisfying meal. The orange sauce is slightly sweet and tangy and pairs perfectly with the crispy chick’n.
Overall, I was very pleased with Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Plant-Based Chick’n. It is a delicious, healthy, and affordable option that I highly recommend to anyone looking for a quick and easy meal.
- Nutritious and satisfying, high in protein and fiber, free of cholesterol and trans fat
- The chick’n is made with non-GMO soy and wheat and is free from GMOs, artificial colors, preservatives, and hydrogenated oils.
- The chick’n is infused with a mandarin orange glaze that gives it a delicious sweet and sour flavor.
- One package contains two servings, so if you’re feeding a family of four, you’ll need to purchase two packages.
- The product is more expensive than other plant-based meat alternatives, such as tofu or tempeh.
7. Smart One’s Flavorful Asian Inspirations Orange Sesame Chicken
Orange Sesame Chicken from Smart One’s Flavorful Asian Inspirations is a fantastic choice if you’re searching for a quick, simple supper that is tasty and healthful. The chicken is tender and juicy, and the orange sauce is slightly sweet and tangy. I also appreciate that the dish is served with a side of rice and vegetables.
I was very pleased with Smart One’s Flavorful Asian Inspirations Orange Sesame Chicken. It is an affordable, tasty, and satisfying meal that I highly recommend to anyone looking for a quick and easy dinner.
- Tender and juicy chicken, flavorful orange sauce, complete meal with rice and vegetables
- The flavor is bangin’. Seriously, it’s got that perfect balance of sweet and savory.
- It’s relatively low in calories and fat.
- There’s a good amount of protein to keep you satisfied.
- It’s quick and easy to prepare. Pop it in the microwave, and you’re good to go!
- The sauce can be a little on the watery side.
- It’s not the most visually appealing dish. Let’s face it, and it doesn’t exactly look like a gourmet meal.
- This may not be your meal if you’re not into Asian food.
FAQs: Best-Frozen Orange Chicken
What is the best-frozen orange chicken?
They are made with fresh, tender chicken and a delicious, tangy sauce. It should also be served with a side of rice and vegetables to make it a complete meal.
What are some of the best brands of frozen orange chicken?
Some of the best brands include Trader Joe’s, PF Chang’s, Whole Foods 365, Kirkland Signature, and Trader Ming’s.
What is the nutritional value of frozen orange chicken?
It is generally high in protein and low in fat. It can also be a good source of fiber and vitamins if made with healthy ingredients.
How do I cook frozen orange chicken?
It can be cooked in the oven, microwave, or stovetop. However, it is important to follow the cooking instructions on the package to ensure that the chicken is cooked properly.
What should I serve with frozen orange chicken?
It can be served with a side of rice and vegetables or eaten as a main dish. It can also be served with a salad or soup.
What to look for in a good orange chicken recipe?
Here are a few things to look for in a good orange chicken recipe:
The chicken should be tender and juicy.
The sauce should be balanced between sweet and tangy flavors.
The dish should be easy to prepare.
It should be delicious!
You’ll know you’ve found a winner when you find a recipe that meets all these criteria.
What should I look for when shopping for frozen orange chicken?
When shopping, you should look for a fresh, tender chicken product and a delicious, tangy sauce. The product should also be easy to prepare and contain no artificial flavors or colors.
Make Delicious Orange Chicken In Minutes!
After tasting some of the tastiest and juiciest orange chicken I’ve ever had, my favorite one is from Smart One’s Flavorful Asian Inspirations. The chicken is always tender, and the orange sauce is slightly sweet with a perfect balance of tangy flavors.
I love how it comes with a side of rice and vegetables- it makes a complete meal that is both satisfying and nutritious. If you’re looking for an easy, delicious, and healthy dinner option, I highly recommend giving Smart One’s Orange Sesame Chicken a try!
I’m Rachel, and I love food. I especially love writing about food – reviewing different brands and items, and sharing my thoughts on new frozen foods that hit the market.
Food is a huge part of my life, and I love trying new things. That’s why I’m so excited to be working on my blog Pickfrozenfood.com. I will be always innovating and coming out with new review, and I know that I’ll be able to try lots of great food with them.